We in Yoga Therapy Greece, pay a lot on attention to personalized yoga therapy practices that are based on each unique patient’s movement, postural and breathing assessment.
Still, there are some practices that are common to most of the patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
1. Micromovements in extremities, like toes & fingers
2. Restorative postures that open the chest and facilitate inhalation
3. Mild practices that stretch the adductors and the hamstrings
4. Practices that focus on lifting and opening hands and on strengthening the core (abdominals and erector spinae), even chair yoga.
5. Standing on one leg to strengthen balance and give self-confidence.
6. Make pauses between the asanas
7. Avoid intense twists.
8. Turn the head as long as the torso turns.