YOGA THERAPY TRAINING of 300 hours
By an experienced Certified Yoga Therapist of YOGA THERAPY GREECE
From 11th of July 2020 – 2nd August 2020 in , Greece
All teaching is in English.
The most intensive and complete Yoga Therapy Diploma in Europe. A professional program in where a yoga instructor will learn everything she/he needs to know about applying Yoga Tools in order to give Yoga Therapy.
- The Yoga Therapy Greece’s Yoga Therapy Diploma follows the newest standards of the International Association of Yoga Therapists in terms of methodology of Yoga Therapy, the Yoga Therapy Tools and Therapeutic Skills, the Competencies in Biomedical and Psychological Foundations, the Practicum, the Mentoring etc.
- In the Intensive Yoga Therapy training we share deep knowledge based on a unique combination of Viniyoga, Iyengar, Ayurveda, Physiotherapy, Psychotherapy that enables Yoga Instructors to give Yoga Therapy Sessions with safety and confidence as they are supported by on-going supervision and mentoring.
- The Intensive Yoga Therapy Training will enable Yoga Instructors to give 1-2-1 Yoga Therapy Sessions to people with Muscular Imbalances, Mental Health problems, Women’s Health issues as well as most of the Medical Conditions that you will probably encounter. We will share the methodology of 1-2-1 Yoga Sessions and what we do with any muscular imbalance and in medical conditions of the nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine and immune systems.
- In these 22 days you will discover how to build a therapeutic relationship, how to read different bodies and how to build yoga therapy practices based on people’s goals and needs, incorporating all Yoga Models such as postural and breathing observations, ayurveda principles such as vayus, koshas, doshas, as well as tantra elements like, mantras and mudras, as well as asanas and pranayamas and the way to modify and personalize them.
- In every module, you will see Yoga Therapies taking place to some of you and we will analyse the Case Studies in order to be able to do the same with your clients. This is a great opportunity to experience Yoga Therapy and get your personal practice, too.
- In both Yoga Therapy Training you will be supported by your mentor through many personal online supervisions in your first yoga therapies with your clients and Case Studies participants.
- The intensive 300 hours Yoga Therapy Training starts on Saturday 11th of July 2020 and finishes on Sunday Morning 2nd August 2019 after a breakfast. It takes place for 19 days besides the 2 free days (Sunday 19th & Sunday 26th August), making it total of 22 days with the arrival day. It consists of 171 hours lectures and practices, 6 hours of Mentoring for the 2 Case Studies, 100 hours of documented practice with real clients of yours out of which 12 hours will be part of the 2 Case Studies, personal study from a well-chosen reading list, as well as personal practice and assignments.
- Students in all programs are assigned mentors who give feedback about their assignments, guide them in the Case Studies and Personal Practice, and help them understand and apply many Yoga Therapy Techniques.
During the training, we focus on each student’s personal, as well as professional, development; we believe that the quality of the yoga therapy practitioner’s ability to achieve a profound level of self-awareness, presence as well as deep knowledge in Muscular Imbalances, Nervous System, Women’s health, Mental Health and Medical Conditions are very important factors.
More specifically the program is as such:
1st day – Welcome orientation plus dinner.
2nd to 4th day – 3 days Methodology of 1-2-1 Yoga Therapy Sessions, we learn how
- to interview clients
- to read peoples’ breathing, posture and movement through specific practices,
- to come up with the ayurvedic constitution and what/how might need balancing,
- to use the different Yoga Models like Vayus, Chakras, Koshas,
- to come up with yoga therapy strategies through critical reasoning
- to choose the most suitable Yoga practices (Asanas, Pranayamas, Mantras, Sankalpa, Mudras, Restorative practice, Relaxation, Yoga Nidra), based on the overall needs and goals of the client
- to modify asanas and breathing
- to sequence a therapeutic practice
- to draw practice sheets with stick figures
- to keep professional documentation of the 1-2-1 Yoga Therapy Session
- to use props for suitable Restorative yoga practices according to different needs
- to use Chair yoga for people in need or for office breaks,
- to build a long-term therapeutic relationship
- we then practice all these working with of you as Clients
5th to 8th day – 4 days Yoga for Muscular Imbalances where we learn
- the role and function of the asanas
- the anatomical aspects of the asanas
- to understand and address the root of the structural condition
- specific therapeutic Yoga practices and the rationale behind the Yoga Therapy applications for Muscular Imbalances regarding the Feet, Knees, Hips, Pelvis, Lower Back and Upper Back, Neck, Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists and the different types of
9th day Free day
10th to 12th day – 3 days for Yoga for Nervous System and Mental Health
We learn about the Mental health Issues and we practice what Yoga can offer based on the latest findings in Neuroscience and body-oriented psychotherapy for restoring balance. We learn how to design practices for groups of students with similar conditions and how to develop the best practices (bhavana or laghana) for balancing the Nervous System by activating the Sympathetic and/or Parasympathetic System through:
- Incorporating the breathing ratios in the asanas practice
- Pranayama & Mantra
- Understanding and working with Trauma
- Exploring practices for Depression & Anxiety
- Addressing Fatigue and Sleep disorders
- Pain & Chronic Pain Management
- Learning to design Yoga Nidras
13th to 14th day – 2 days Yoga for Women’s Health. We will learn about
- the Menstruation
- and the influence of the Hormones in the different cycles of it and
- the most Nourishing Womb Friendly Yoga Practices for each week of the cycle
- what Yoga can offer for problems like Heavy, Irregular or Absent Menstruation,
- Diastasis of Erectus Abdominis
- We also practice Yoga Nidras that nourish Women in different phases.
15th FREE DAY (only breakfast is included)
16th to 18th day – 3 days Yoga for Immunity, Auto- Immune and Functional disorders. We will learn about the function of the Immune System and how Yoga does affect it. We will focus:
- Auto-Immune Disorders of Neurological, Endocrine, Digestive System and practices for them accordingly
- Functional Disorders
- Addictions and how yoga helps
19th to 20th day – 2 days Yoga for Respiratory & Cardiovascular health Issues. We go through the
- Which Yoga Practices can help and why
21st day – Participants will practice Yoga Therapy & we will share Professional and Business Issues of Yoga Therapists
22nd day Goodbye day and the start of an on-going mentoring through personal supervisions that will support you in the first yoga therapies that you will give.
After the breakfast we leave full of knowledge and deep understanding of the Clinical Applications of Yoga Therapy.
- 6 hours of Personal Mentoring in working with real clients of yours for the Case Studies
- 300 hours Yoga Therapy Training by a Certified and Experienced Yoga Therapist,
- Follows the newest standards of the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- A thorough Manual of 300 pages
- 19 days of Yoga Therapy Training
- Observation & Thorough Explanation of Yoga Therapies in front of you
- Experience your own Yoga Therapy and take away your personal practice
- Thoroughly assessed Assignments and feedback on these
- A well selected reading list
- Guidance and feedback for the development of a personal Yoga Therapy practice
- Support for your Personal and Professional Development
- 22 nights accommodation in a beautiful retreat literally a few minutes from the beach and the crystal clear blue water
- 22 breakfasts & 20 vegetarian dinners
- Access through Skype and e mail to the certified Yoga Therapists of Yoga Therapy Greece for on-going mentoring as you take on your own clients.
- Lectures on the latest research findings, yoga practices using all the yogic tools and the rationale behind them, breathing techniques, meditation, and philosophy as well as dietary and lifestyle advice complement this Intensive and unique Yoga Therapy Training.
- During the Intensive Yoga Therapy Training the leading Yoga Therapist gives a yoga therapy to participants, while the participants will have the opportunity to evaluate their classmates as patients in five categories such as Structural, Nervous System and Breath, Ayurveda, Psychology, and Spirituality and be able to practice in a safe and supported environment Yoga Therapies before they start giving Yoga Therapy Sessions with the clients in their case studies and in general.
THE DAILY SCHEDULE
9:30-13:30 LECTURES & PRACTICES
13:30- 15:30 BREAK FOR LUNCH (NOT INCUDED), SWIM IN THE BEACH, REST, WALK
15:30-19:30 LECTURES & PRACTICES
THE LEADING INSTRUCTOR & YOGA THERAPIST
Evi Dimitriadou is a Certified Yoga Therapist by the British Council of Yoga Therapists, a member of International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), a Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) with Yoga Alliance, a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuous Education Provider) and founder of Yoga Therapy Greece (RYS-300).
A student of Gary Kraftsow at the American Viniyoga Institute in the Clinical Applications of Yoga Therapy for 2 years, has completed 2 years of Yoga Therapy Studies at Yoga Campus in London and 1 year at the Aura Wellness in USA as well as being a Student of Physiotherapy in Manchester University for 3 years.
She has given more than 1500 personal Yoga Therapy Sessions to people with various ailments and given numerous Yoga Therapy Trainings as well as Yoga Therapy workshops to Yoga Instructors and Practitioners.
She has a passion to share Yoga Therapy and enable Yoga Instructors to help people in need as she does with her on-going support.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Dinners at the 2 free days
- Private acupressure sessions
- Tai Chi lessons
- Beach towel
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to the airport (although share rides among participants are facilitated).