Our visionIs to give the best Advanced Teachers Training possible and our graduates to be proud of their choice to study with us. We work hard for our students to become very knowledgeable yoga teachers that can give safe and appropriate yoga classes to facilitate the transformation of their clients to become the best version of themselves.
- The only Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Training given by an experienced certified Yoga Therapists & Physiotherapist. A professional program where science meets tradition, where a yoga instructor will learn how to apply all Yoga Tools and make Yoga accessible to everybody.
- In the Intensive Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Training we share deep knowledge based on a unique combination of Viniyoga, Iyengar, Ayurveda, Physiotherapy, Psychotherapy that enables Yoga Instructors to give appropriate Yoga classes with safety and confidence.
- During the Intensive Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Training ‘Adapting Yoga for Everybody’ you will discover how to use the Ayurveda principles such as vayus, koshas, doshas, Tantra elements such as mantras and chanting, as well as asanas, pranayamas, yoga nidras, and the way to modify and personalize them considering Muscular Imbalances, life challenges, Women’s issues as well as most of the Medical Conditions that you will probably encounter.
- We will share the art of sequencing, the function of the asanas, the art of breathing and way to incorporate the breathing ratios within the practice, the value of pranayama, guided relaxation, the way to design yoga nidras and meditation and what we do as well as what we don’t do with any muscular imbalance and in conditions of the nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine and immune systems.
- Graduates are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 500 if they have already concluded a registered with Yoga Alliance 200-hour training, which is our minimum entry requirement for this Advanced Teachers Training ‘Adapting Yoga for Everybody’.
The intensive 300 hours Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Training starts on Friday evening 10th of July 2020 and finishes on Sunday Morning 2nd August 2019 after a breakfast. It takes place for 20 days besides the 2 free days (Sunday 19th & Sunday 26th July), making it total of 23 days with the arrival day. It consists of lectures and practices, documented practice in your own yoga classes, personal study from a well-chosen reading list, as well as personal practice and assignments.
TO MAKE YOGA ACCESSIBLE, SAFE and to ADAPT YOGA SO EVERYONE (whatever their condition) CAN ENJOY ITS MANY BENEFITS More specifically the program is as follows:
1st day – Welcome orientation plus dinner.
2nd to 5th day – 4 days Yoga Models –Ayurveda, Vayus, Koshas, Chakras & Restorative yoga where we learn
- To recognize ayurvedic constitution and what/how yoga can help in balancing it
- To design and lead group practices considering different models- ayurvedic constitution-vayus & chakras
- The art of Restorative Yoga
- The anatomical aspect and the function of the asanas
- The science of modifying asanas
- The art of sequencing
- To choose the most suitable yoga practices (asanas, pranayamas, mantras, sankalpa, chanting, restorative practices, relaxation, yoga nidras, based on the different needs/restrictions.
6th to 9th day – Yoga and Anatomy, Yoga for Structural Conditions and Chair Yoga where we learn
- To understand and address the root of the structural condition
- Specific Yoga practices and the rationale behind the asanas considering Muscular Imbalances regarding the Feet, Knees, Hips, Pelvis, Lower Back and Upper Back, Neck, Shoulders, Elbows and Wrists
- Key asanas adapted and practiced in Chair Yoga
The last evening participants as yoga instructors will lead yoga practices considering structural conditions.
10th day – Free day (breakfast and dinner are included)
11th to 14th day – 4 days for Yoga, Mantra and Yoga Nidra
We learn about different life challenges and we practice what Yoga can offer based on the latest findings in Neuroscience and body-oriented psychotherapy for restoring balance. We learn how to design practices for groups of students with similar conditions and how to develop the best practices (brahmana or laghana) in helping balance the Nervous System by activating the Sympathetic and/or Parasympathetic System through:
- The art of breathing and use of breathing ratios while practicing of the asanas
- Pranayama & Mantra to change the state of mind
- Chanting and the way to chant to influence the state of mind
- Proper Sequencing considering the psychological condition the practitioners are in
We will also learn to design Yoga Nidras and we will explore practices and principles considering:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Fatigue and Sleep disorders
- Pain & Chronic Pain
Last evening yoga instructors will lead yoga sequences and yoga nidras
15th to 16th day – 2 days Empowering Shakti-Yoga for Women. We will learn about
- The Menstruation and the influence of the Hormones in the different cycles of it
- The most Nourishing Womb Friendly Yoga Practices for each week of the cycle
- What Yoga can offer considering common problems such as Heavy, Irregular or Absent Menstruation.
- Suitable Yoga considering women who have Endometriosis, Diastasis of Erectus Abdominis, Pre-menstrual Syndrome, Menopause, Incontinence
- We will practice womb friendly yoga sequences and rituals – tantra yoga for women
- We will explain the principle behind every single practice
- We also practice Yoga Nidras that nourish Women in different phases
Last evening participants as yoga instructors will lead womb friendly sequences for different week of the cycle
17th FREE DAY ( breakfast and dinner are included)
18th to 19th day – 3 days Yoga & Power of Pranayama
We will learn how the pranayama, which asanas and how they can affect the Immune System. We will explore the principles and the most appropriate practices considering:
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis
- Auto-Immune Disorders of Neurological System and appropriate practices
- Auto-immune disorders of Endocrine System and appropriate practices
- Auto-immune & Functional disorders of Digestive System and appropriate practices
- Yoga considering Immune suppression such as Cancer and HIV
The second evening yoga instructors will lead yoga sequences considering auto-immune disorders in chair yoga.
20ST to 22nd day – 2 days Yoga and the Power of Pranayama
We will learn the pranayama and the asanas that are most effective considering:
- Respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, pneumonia,
- Cardiovascular conditions such as hypotension and hypertension
23rd day – Participants will lead Yoga Classes considering different conditions with their classmates and will get appraisals.
We will also share professional and ethical guidelines (Yamas & Niyamas) that yoga teachers have to follow, including our limitations regarding the issues taught.
24th day – Goodbye day
THE DAILY SCHEDULE
9:30-13:30 LECTURES & PRACTICES
13:30- 15:30 BREAK FOR LUNCH (NOT INCLUDED), SWIM IN THE BEACH, REST, WALK
15:30-19:30 LECTURES & PRACTICES
20:30-21:30 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- 300 hours Advanced Teachers Training by a Certified and Experienced Yoga Therapist
- 300 hours Advanced Teachers Training Certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance
- A thorough Manual of 200 pages
- 20 days of Advanced Yoga Teacher Training ‘Adapting Yoga for Everybody’
- Take away at least 30 yoga sequences considering different conditions that you can use for workshops, classes and retreats.
- Learn how to lead these practices by explaining every step of them
- A well selected reading list
- Support in your Personal and Professional Development
- 23 nights accommodation in a beautiful retreat with access to the beach on your days
- 23 breakfasts & vegetarian dinners
- Lectures on the latest research findings, yoga practices using all the yogic tools and the rationale behind them, breathing techniques, meditation, and philosophy as well as dietary and lifestyle advice complement this Intensive and unique Advanced Teachers Training.
ING INSTRUCTOR & YOGA THERAPIST
Evi Dimitriadou is a Certified Yoga Therapist by the British Council of Yoga Therapists, a member of International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), a Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT500) with Yoga Alliance, a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuous Education Provider) and founder of Yoga Therapy Greece (RYS-300).
A student of Gary Kraftsow at the American Viniyoga Institute in the Clinical Applications of Yoga Therapy for 2 years, has completed 2 years of Yoga Therapy Studies at Yoga Campus in London and 1 year at the Aura Wellness in USA as well as being a Student of Physiotherapy in Manchester University for 3 years.
She has given more than 1500 personal Yoga Therapy Sessions to people with various ailments and given numerous Yoga Therapy Trainings.
She has a passion to share Yoga Therapy and enable Yoga Instructors make Yoga accessible for everyone.
Yoga Therapy Greece is a Member School of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and RYS 300 (Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance)
Noosfera Center is a truly great location for our training and is an amazing, serene and very loveable place.
It is in the northern Peloponnese, near Xylokastro. Built in an altitude of 700 meters offers a milder climate and it enjoys superb views of the mountains and the sea. The sea is only 11km (by taxi around 25 euros) from the retreat.
Distance from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos to Noosfera Estate: 148 Km (circa 2 hours).
Distance from Kiato railway station to Noosfera Estate: 57 Km (circa 50 min). We recommend you take the train from the airport until Kiato which is the last stop and from there a taxi to the retreat that costs less than 50 euros.
It consists of two complexes of buildings. In the first you will find the cosy living room with its amazing view from the bay windows, the lovely dining room, the pergola (overlooking the surrounding mountains and on the horizon the sea) where the summer dining room lies and the kitchen where delicious home-made meals are prepared. Most of the fruits and vegetables come from Noosfera’s own garden.
The lower level has the libraries, and the atmospheric wellbeing section where rejuvenation services for body and face are offered. In the Guesthouse and Seminar Hall of the second building complex are located ten elegant rooms all with private bathroom and equipped with mini-fridges. The very beautifully appointed guest rooms are designed without phones or TVs in order to maximize time for quiet, peaceful reflection and renewal. They have been named after trees, herbs and flowers and are each decorated accordingly down to the last detail – soft pillows on the couch, orthopaedic mattresses, duvets and sheets of excellent quality.
The Yoga / Seminar Hall is light, airy, spacious, comfortable and cool.
The owners Maria and Julia built this property for their own retreats and this shows everywhere with their unique personal touch from the hand painted keys and chairs to the careful consideration of Feng-shui throughout. Their belief is that the person who seeks peace, joy and truth about himself will also be inspired by the surrounding land, the beauty of the mountains and the sea on the horizon, but also by the tastefulness of the area itself.
For more info you can visit the website of the retreat https://www.noosfera.gr/en/.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Private massage treatments
- Beach towel
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to the airport (although share rides among participants are facilitated).
1. Can I come early and stay later?
You will not be able to stay at the centre but Greece has many amazing holiday locations and we highly recommend that you spend a few days in Athens visiting the ancient sites, enjoying the Greek culture and cuisine, or visit one of the many beautiful islands with great beaches and warm clear blue sea.
2. Do I need to be a Yoga Teacher to attend the course?
You will need to have completed the 200 hours of a Yoga Teacher Training programme. If you are unsure please get in touch.
3. What if I have to leave for some reason in the middle of the summer training?
You are then welcome to join us the following year to complete your training. But unfortunately we cannot refund the accommodation costs or the tuition.
4. As lunch is not included what are my options
For lunch the centre will offer a reasonable priced option of a light snack, sandwiches etc or a cooked lunch depending on what you want. Alternatively before you arrive you can buy fruits, bread, nuts etc (there is a fridge in your room) and on your 2 days off you can get some things on your way back from the beach.